Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Monday, September 17, 2007


"Lydia Makes Three; Baas House Silent"

As of today, my youngest sister, Lydia, is officially in the U.S. Navy. She shipped out early this morning for two months of boot camp out on the East Coast.

God-Speed, Lydia. You make me proud!

For those unfamiliar with me -- or my family -- Lydia is actually the third Baas sibling (out of six) to join the U.S. Military... Becca (3rd oldest) is currently a commissioned officer in the Air Force. This Fall, she'll be transfering to Ramstein Air Base in Germany for two years. And Ben (4th oldest), is currently an Infantry Rifleman in the U.S. Marines. He recently returned from service in Iraq earlier this year, and is stationed near San Diego.

With Lydia in training, that also means my parents have officially become "empty-nesters". No more can the sound of children's feet be heard pounding playfully through the halls of the Baas house. No more resound the voices of disagreeing siblings. For the first time ever, a once-full five-bedroom house... sits silent.

All six of us Baas kids have grown up.

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)