Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Sunday, September 02, 2007


"The World Without Us"

In the book, "The World Without Us", Alan Weisman details the impact human culture, society, and invention has had upon the earth. His goal: To invision the future of our planet, without us.

For example, he explains how our massive infrastructure would collapse and vanish without humans around to maintain it. He investigates which of our possessions might become fossilized, how copper pipes and wiring would be crushed into reddish rock; why some of the earliest buildings might be some of the last architecture left; and how bronze sculpture, plastic, radio waves, and some man-made molecules might be our longest-lasting gifts to the universe.

I haven't read the book (just visited the website), but I do find myself rather intruiged. If you're interested, here's an interactive timeline depicting what might happen to the our planet without the relentless pressure of the human presence. Enjoy!

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)