Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Thursday, November 22, 2007


"Celebrity For a Day"

I love little children, especially the playful, curious, or "need to hold your hand" kind. They make me smile, and bring out the kid in me. So innocent and wide-eyed with wonder, excitement,... and energy. They just have a way of melting my serious adult self into the cool grown-up who likes to read them fun stories, give them "under-dogs" on the swingset, or hang out with them on the couch holding conversations with their favorite stuffed animals.

I suppose, though, it's probably a good indicator that someday, I'll be the kind of guy who'll end up being a pretty awesome dad and grandfather. I really like that. :)

Today I spent Thanksgiving at my aunt and uncle's house in small-town, Wisconsin. It's a family tradition, although, this year, I was the only Baas who was able to make it. But I didn't mind so much, I was still at home among my relatives... and once again I was the "guest of honor" -- as far as my little cousin Mary was concerned.

Yep, the minute I arrived at her house, little Mary ran right up to me (bypassing her grandmother, whom I rode up from Milwaukee with), and almost knocked me over with a huge clingy, "Jonathaaaaaan!" hug! Little Mary is the youngest of that family of five cousins, and about six or seven years old. She's bubbly, happy, and really seems to like me -- a lot!

Throughout the course of the the day, she was never at a loss for games she wanted to play with me -- pool, Go Fish, hide-and-go-seek, etc. She even requested that I sit next to her at the dinner table. She made sure a spot was saved for her right next to me in the pew at church. She kept handing me her cute little kitten to hold (a birthday present from earlier this month). And during the Thanksgiving Day Packers/Lions football game... she even fell asleep on my chest. Later, when it was time for me to leave, the tears welled up in her eyes, and her expression was one of genuine sadness -- she didn't want me to go.

I had a great time today with all my cousins, my aunt, pastor uncle, his brother, and his mother, but the person who made me smile the most was little Mary. I hope she doesn't lose that youthful exuberance. It suits her well. She's a real cutie, smiley, witty, charming, adorable, and always eager to include others in the things she finds so fascinating. Maybe that's what I like about her, though... she has passion. She's fascinated with life. She makes people smile.

I have many things to be thankful in life, and she's one of them.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope your day was as joyous as mine, and I wish you another happy 364 days of thanks until the next big Turkey Day!

Have a beautiful weekend all, and until next time,

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)