Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Sunday, December 02, 2007


"Winter Rain"

It's messy around here, the wet, slippery, slushy kind of mess.

I was still up this morning at around 3am, and as the gusty slushstorm from yesterday had passed, I decided to head outside and see what I could shovel off the sidewalks. Unfortunately, the slush had frozen to the concrete, and shoveling was out of the question. So, instead, I salted the rough patches, came back inside, and went to bed.

Later this morning -- after a few hours of sleep, I went back out to find that the salt had all but cleared the rough patches from earlier -- which was great! I shoveled the rest of the interior sidewalks (the ones actually on the lot), broke up the remaining ice, and was working on the public sidewalk out front when it started to rain. A downpour actually. And I got wet. It's not often that you're out shoveling winter snow, and get drenched by falling rain. As of right now, the shoveling *still* isn't finished. I figure I'll just wait until the rain stops.

UPDATE: - (3:26 PM)
It's done. The 1-2 inches of slushy white stuff has been removed from all the sidewalks at my apartment, and more salt has been put down. Now I'm thoroughly exhausted... and hungry. I think I'll go find something to eat, then go take a nap. :)

"Snow, ice storm rips across northern US"

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)