Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Saturday, January 12, 2008


"Pack Attack: Championship Bound"

I'm not much of a football fan these days, but I decided nonetheless to accept Scott's (roomate) invitation to join him in front of the big flat-screen television in our living room for today's afternoon game. It was the Green Bay Packers' divisional playoff against the Seattle Seahawks, and being a Wisconsinite, I do like to see my Pack win. :)

So, Scott and I grabbed some snacks, set them out in front of the couch, and enjoyed crackers and cheese, pretzels & olive dip, and doritos as we watched a thrilling contest.

Despite a heavy snowstorm that kept burying the field in white (requiring the yard lines to be shoveled just so the game could continue), and a 14-point deficit in the first five minutes, the Pack pulled out a 42-20 come-back victory that vaulted them into their first NFC Championship game appearance in a decade. They'll play the winner of tomorrow's New York Giants/ Dallas Cowboys game in the NFC Championship game next week. And if they win that game, they'll be going to the SuperBowl! How cool would that be!

Yeah, I'm still not much of a rabid Packer's fan, but, like I said, I like to see my team win. And spending some male bonding time with my best friend is always nice too.

"Favre leads Packers into NFC title game"

Have a wonderful Sunday all, and until next time,

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)