Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Thursday, February 14, 2008


"Valentine's Day Recap"

Today was Valentine's Day, and I didn't really do too much of the romantic sort. But then again, that tends to be the case when you're single, right? I can't complain, though. Maybe next year the story will be completely different. :)

I did participate in that murder mystery, though (see news page). That was fun!

The whole event was hosted as if it were a wedding reception. The food was catered, everyone came dressed up (men in suits; women in nice dresses; bride in wedding gown!), and there was a cake too. We ate by candlelight, there were flowers, dancing, the whole works. Very romantic. I played the best man, so I had the honor of sitting at the table with the wedding party. And while I was playing a character, it was also the closest I've ever come to being in a wedding party.

About 50 people came, and there were about 25 participants (playing characters). The event was hosted in the Lutheran chapel/student center just across the street from the UW-Milwaukee campus -- so we actually had a "hall" of sorts to complete the setting. And with the lights dimmed, our characters ready to shine, and a "murder" to solve, the stage was set.

The night started out with the entrance and introduction of our characters. Mine, as it just so happened, had been blackmailed (by the bride) into dating her cousin -- rather than the woman he had given his heart to. So, to protect his true love, out of intense feelings of guilt, and not quite sure what really happened leading up to the blackmail, my character arrived at the wedding with his girlfriend of three months -- the cousin. Of course, as you can probably guess, my character's true love was also in attendance... and it was the bride who was murdered.

But everything worked out pretty well. With the bride out of the way, I was free to give my heart back to my character's one true love -- and I did. And since I was standing right next to the "happy couple" (giving my best man speech) when the bride was shot, I was off the hook as the killer. As we later discovered, it was actually the groom's older brother who pulled the trigger (something about insurance policies and the like).

It was a fun evening, and a great opportunity to do a little improv acting. I hope I get to be part of something like this again. And maybe next time... I'll get to be the bad guy! Whoohooo! :)

Have a wonderful Friday all... and Happy Valentine's Day!

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)