Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Tuesday, April 22, 2008


"What Keeps Jon Busy?"

I've had a few people ask me in recent weeks, "So, Jon, what have you been up to lately? What keeps you so busy? Where've you been?" Well... here's the skinny.

On the acting end of things, I just started getting back into auditions. For those of you who don't know, I usually pass on theatre/film work during the cold winter months because, well, it's cold outside. And to be completely honest, that usually means I have to stand outside for long periods of time at REEEEAALY cold bus stops -- (since I don't own a car, and public transit in the city is cheap enough that I don't really need one). But now that Spring has arrived, and the weather has warmed up... so has my "theatre season". I haven't secured any roles this early yet, but when I do, I'll be sure to announce them all right here.

As far as my art career goes, well, that's where I've been the busiest lately. As a freelance artist, I work on client projects, I draw graphite portraits for people, I create promotional imagery for theatre/film projects, I design websites, whatever comes my way. As a result, I'm usually always busy with some sort of project -- whether big or small. In fact, I'm actually working on a project right now that could make a big splash in the coming months. It's still a "work in progress" so I can't say too much just yet, but I will say this.... It's pretty cool, and unique! Stay tuned right here, and I'll tell you all about it (as we get closer to my "launch date")! :)

Outside of my acting, and my client art projects, I'm also a small business owner. I design and sell t-shirts, prints, gifts, and other unique items in my store -- Jon Baas Designs. Business is pretty good. I'm constantly coming up with new ideas, branching out into new design categories, and increasing my product catalog by leaps and bounds. If all goes well, by this time next year, I could very likely triple my present sales numbers. And that's not too shabby!

There are a few other projects that keep me busy as well. In winter, I handle all of the sidewalk snow removal at my apartment building(s). And that's a pretty sizable task -- especially this year -- as Milwaukee got 100 inches of the stuff! I'm also my landlord's painter: when an apartment needs painting, I'm his go-to guy. And when he has other projects... that's usually me too.

So, yeah, all-in-all, I keep busy. I'm an actor, an artist, an entrepreneur, a small business owner, a painter, and, more often than not, a bit of a handyman. Each job I enjoy, because, to be completely honest.... I'm one of those independently-minded people. My passion guides me. It makes the journey an adventure. And as you know, I LOVE a good adventure!

So here's to the months yet to come. May they be productive, successful, and exciting. If you want to know "what keeps Jon busy", just ask. I'll be happy to tell you all about it!

Have a wonderful Wednesday all, and until next time,

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)