Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Wednesday, June 11, 2008


"Discovering the Music"

Earlier this evening, I decided to go for a stroll down to my local McDonald's. I had a craving for cheeseburgers, and that seemed like the ideal place to go. I walked a few blocks south, enjoyed my dinner, and on the way back... ended up at a rock concert!

As it just so happens, I live in the same neighborhood as the Wisconsin State Fair Park. My apartment is to the north of the grounds, McDonald's is to the south. So, in order to get from one location to the other, I have to walk down one of the streets bordering the massive Park. It was along this street -- on my walk back -- that I heard the music. A good number of people were slowly trickling into the Park entrance, so, like any curious explorer... I followed.

As I soon found out, there's a whole series of free concerts playing on the local stage this summer. Every Wednesday night actually. The band tonight was a lively group called "The Toys" -- known also as "Milwaukee's Cover Band". They energetically rocked out to current Top-40's songs; popular rock from the 70's, 80's, and 90's; and a great toe-tapping collection of country -- all music that I love! So, intruiged, I stuck around for a while.

I haven't been to a concert like that in ages, yet, there I stood -- under a 60-degree star-filled sky -- listening to great music, and happily watching a few hundred fans rock out to their favorite tunes. The band was great; very entertaining to watch (especially the fiddle guy!), and surprisingly, just as good as my favorite radio station said they were.

I'm really glad I took that stroll this evening. I discovered yet another cool diversion in my neighborhood. Completely unexpected, but definitely a lot of fun! I even took a look at the upcoming concert list, and think I may just have to make that a Wednesday night destination! I love the ambiance of live music, I love people-watching, it's free, and, hey, it's within walking distance from my home! You can't get any better than that!

If anyone wants to join me at an upcoming concert, feel free to drop me an email and let me know. I'd love the company, and I'm always game for fun social opportunities with friends! Afterall, it's summer... in Milwaukee. Great music is one of this city's biggest attractions!

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)