Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Monday, June 02, 2008


"Looking For: A Few Good Tenants"

For those of you who don't know, I serve as the assistant manager at my apartment building(s). I shovel snow off the sidewalks in winter, I watch out for the general wellbeing of those who live here, and when there's need, I field calls regarding available apartments. When prospective renters come to see the place, I'm the person who shows them around.

As it just so happens, of the eight apartments in my two building, five of them are opening up this month (and next). That means, the first rental ad has gone into the newspaper, and I've begun fielding calls. Today saw the first two scheduled showings.

Now, you might think... "five apartments are opening up all at the same time! What the heck happened?" Well, truth be told, it's more a case of circumstance than anything else. One recently married couple is moving into their first house. The two families (parents my age, with young children) have decided to move on for various reasons. The fourth couple decided to move along with their close friends -- one of the families. And the middle-aged man in the fifth apartment is moving on to less expensive lodgings.

That leaves three occupied apartments, one of which I live in. And for a while, Scott and I will be the only residents in one of the two buildings.

It'll be an interesting summer to say the least. I have no idea who my new neighbors will be, yet I'm in the unique position of meeting them before I find out. The ultimate decision resides with my landlord. However, since I get to meet the possible new tenants before he does, my first impressions carry some weight.

It sounds confusing, I know. But it also makes for quite an adventure. Plus it keeps me on my toes. For someone, like myself, who enjoys meeting new people, it can't get any better than this!

So... five soon-to-be vacant apartments, and dozens of interested renters. If you're looking to move to the Milwaukee area, give me a ring. I might just be able to help you out. Plus it's a great neighborhood, easy access to just about everywhere, and you'd already know one of your neighbors -- me!

Yep. This is definitely going to be an interesting summer!

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)