Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Saturday, June 28, 2008


"The Tenant Question"

Back in March of last year, my long-time neighbors (a friendly middle-aged man and his wife) moved out of the 1st floor apartment below me. They'd been living there for roughly seven years, however, the man had just gained a major corporate job promotion, and he needed to move to Indianapolis. Two months later, my "new" neighbors -- a young couple with a small child -- moved in. This was their first apartment.

Now, though, a year later, that young couple is moving out -- moving on to bigger and better things. By July 1st, the apartment below me will be empty. No longer will I hear the pounding of young feet as they run back and forth from one end of the apartment and back. No more will I drool over the delicious aroma from frequent grilling endeavors outside my kitchen window. No more happy young toddler stories to listen to whenever I pass in the stairwell. No more cute young neighbor girl to chat with. And, saddest of all, no more late night, after dark, outdoor socializing.

When I moved into this apartment back in 2002, the general age of the tenants living here (in these eight apartments) was middle-aged. By the time Gordy and his wife moved to Indianapolis, my new round of neighbors were my age. Now, though, with four of those apartments opening up in July, the question returns: Who will my new neighbors be? And who will end up living downstairs?

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)