Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Thursday, July 31, 2008


"Canon Rock, by Jerry Chang"

I came across the following video not too long ago, and while I've probably posted it here before, I think it bears mentioning again. It's a rock arrangement of Johann Pachelbel's Canon in D, played by Taiwanese guitarist and composer, Jerry Chang.

This piece, "Canon Rock" has become an internet meme. It's garnered media attention, and has been featured in newspapers, blogs (like this one!), television shows, and radio stations worldwide. South Korean guitarist Jeong-Hyun Lim even performed a cover version in 2005, that has since become the 17th most viewed video on Youtube with over 46 million views. ... [videos]

"Canon Rock" is a fantastic modern take on a classic composition. Creativity at it's best (and some fine guitar work too)! I wonder, though, what Pachelbel would think? :)

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)