Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Tuesday, July 29, 2008


"The Residency Question"

Well, it's official, the apartment below me is no longer empty. The young single mom and her 5-year-old daughter are finally moving in. I saw her carrying items from a minivan into the kitchen earlier today, so, I suppose that's as good a sign as any.

She's moving in... And I'll probably be moving out.

But, not to worry, the two events aren't related. It's just coincidence.

Do you remember that offer I mentioned last week? The one that put me deep into thought? Well... it was presented by my landlord. For reasons I cannot go into right now, he's offered to move me (and Scott) into another building he owns -- a building outside of Milwaukee (in the nearby city of West Allis). It's a bigger place, has more amenities, and could very well be an upgrade to my present address.

The only problem is, I really like where I'm living right now.

It's been a tough decision, and a major issue on my mind this past week. Do I pick up and move to a better apartment in a new city, or do I stay where I feel most comfortable, and face a whole new array of residency challenges? I love my present neighborhood, it's open, spacious, lots of parkland. The new neighborhood would be considerably more... commercial. The reasons for my landlord's offer are sound, logical, and quite generous. It just a tough call. Considering a change this drastic isn't something I take lightly.

As of right now, I'm very close to a decision. There is, however, one last thing I want to do: I want to explore the new neighborhood. I gotta know if I'll "fit". So that's what I'll be doing tomorrow. Lots of walking. Lots of thinking. And hopefully... finalizing an answer.

Wish me a clear mind. I'm gonna to need it.

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)