Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Tuesday, August 05, 2008


"Common Sense Question of the Day"

Why, when you're walking down the sidewalk, minding your own business, do bicyclists seem intent on sneaking up behind you -- without any warning?

First of all, why are 20-30 year-old men riding bikes on pedestrian sidewalks -- at night... with no lights -- to begin with? In the city of Milwaukee, "it is illegal for anyone 10 or older to ride on the sidewalk". Why don't they take the time to familiarize themselves with state law? That seems like common sense to me. Yet, this evening, I was nearly run down (from behind) by a biker who clearly saw me walking, yet did nothing to announce his presence. I didn't realize he was there until I felt him rush past me in silence. Scared me half to death too!

Maybe I'm just too nice, but if I absolutely must be riding my bicycle on a sidewalk, I would have at least said something like, "beep, beep", or, "bicycle passing on your left". To me, that seems considerate. Or is it that people these days are just too lazy -- or INconsiderate -- to even care?

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)