Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Wednesday, August 27, 2008


"An Evening of Observations"

I took a walk this evening -- to explore part of my new neighborhood -- and I ended up discovering a few things worthy of a blog post. So... I thought I'd share.

As it just so happens, just down the street from where I live, there's a specialty candy/gift shop (the kind of shop you might find in a mall). Half Nuts, as the place is called, sells the entire line of Jelly Belly beans. All 50 flavors! And for someone, like myself, who enjoys flavored jelly beans... I'm really going to have to watch myself. That shop might just become a favorite!

Another thing that I'm starting to like about this neighborhood, is the convenience of the CVS Pharmacy (aka, a "Walgreens" type store). It's literally right across the street. My old apartment was in a residential area, and the closest place to buy groceries was the major chain store 5-6 blocks away. I really liked that store, but alas... now it's just too far north. The advantage of this CVS, however, is that while it's not a "grocery store", it does carry a specialized inventory of just about everything I might need in a pinch -- and they're right nearby.

Taking advantage of this fact, I stopped in on my walk, and picked up a candy bar that I haven't had in months. For some strange reason, the local grocery store chain doesn't carry it. But CVS does, and let me tell you, that chocolaty morsel couldn't have tasted any sweeter!

I'll still do my grocery shopping at another one of those chain grocery stores, but if I'm in need of something quick... CVS is my new all-purpose destination of choice!

When I got back to my apartment, I sat down with my candy bar, flipped on the television, and watched the end of the Milwaukee Brewers baseball game. In the past, I was only able to watch the game when it was broadcast on local channels, but now... we've got cable! And I can watch every game -- every day/night -- if I really wanted to! Not to mention, the history nut in me can tune in the History Channel, the science fiction geek in me can the watch the Sci-Fi Channel... and, hey, for the first time in years, I can channel-surf! Whohooo!

Yeah, I know, these may seem like silly little things, but when they haven't been part of your daily life for six years, you come to appreciate them a whole lot more! And to be honest, they're just a small part of the all-around coolness I'm discovering here in my new neighborhood!

I'm really starting to like it here. It's new, it's fresh, it's different. And while the move may have closed a few doors, new ones have opened up. And new doors equal new opportunities!

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)