Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Wednesday, August 06, 2008


"Internet Game: Alter Ego"

Many years ago, while I was still in college, I came across a neat little game called Alter Ego. It was a software game that I downloaded for free on one of the many (legal) shareware sites. And as I played, it easily became one of my favorites.

The gist of the game was this: What if you could live your life over again? What if you could make life decisions for an imaginary person -- from birth until death -- and experience the possible consequences of those decisions. In the end, what kind of personality would this person develop?

It was a fascinating concept for a game... and for the thinker in me, a really cool idea! Over the years, however, I forgot about this little gem. I thought it had vanished into the darkness of obscurity. Recently, however -- and completely by chance -- I happened upon it, and discovered to my joy, that Alter Ego is indeed still around. In fact, you can now play it online!

Feel free to take a peek, and enjoy. Keep in mind, though... this game takes a while to play. Afterall, you *are* simulating an entire human life. But, if you've got the time, I recommend it! It's definitely a worthy distraction! Have fun!

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)