Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Thursday, September 04, 2008


"Keith Anderson, Close to Home"

Earlier this afternoon, I received the monthly alumni newsletter from my old college here in Milwaukee (Wisconsin Lutheran College), and was surprised to see some unusually big news listed there. Grammy-nominated Country Music Star, Keith Anderson, will be performing on-campus, live November 2. His current hit single is #4 on the Country Billboard Chart.

Now, this may not seem all that significant to most of you, but consider this, my old college only has a total enrollment of about 750 students. It's tiny -- at least when compared to the local big name universities. The last time anyone one of major national note spoke or performed on my campus, was when Former Vice-President Dan Quayle did so in the early 90's. The only other big-name speakers since then have been: Former Wisconsin Governor and 2008 Presidential candidate Tommy Thompson, former U.N. Ambassador Alan Keyes, and national talk-show host, Michael Medved. This Keith Anderson concert is a pretty big deal!

And the really cool thing is, I'm a fan of his music too. Good stuff. Good voice, good lyrics. Maybe I'll have to see about attending. Anyone else interested?

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)