Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Wednesday, October 29, 2008


"About My Business: What I Do"

As most of you know, I run my own successful business. I design t-shirts & other apparel; I sell my artwork on prints & postcards; I market other cool self-designed gifts such as throw pillows, keepsake boxes, and the like; I even sell a few ultra-cool Flip Mino camcorders! In short, I design and sell fun gear that defines who you are and what you love!

My store -- aptly named, Jon Baas Designs -- keeps me pretty busy. I started the business back in 2002 -- shortly after graduating from college, however, it's only been in recent years that my success has sent me global. These days, feedback is positive, sales are strong, and the whole process keeps my creative passions moving forward, while earning me an independent income. Thanks to my store, I have a self-built commercial outlet that allows me to share my work with people all around the world! And that has the artist in me pretty darn excited!

So, I was thinking.... since I've spent the past few weeks immersed in this business, and I've neglecting to blog as often as I'd like, I thought I'd take a moment and share a little more the passion that drives what I do.

Jon Baas Designs is unique, at least compared to other online retailers. I've partnered with a company called Cafepress -- the leader in user-generated commerce. And by doing so, the unique structure of that partnership allows me to focus on design and marketing, while Cafepress handles all the printing, inventory, and shipping. As a result, I can work out of my home office, and devote more time to my other businesses, hobbies, and creative passions. Time I wouldn't otherwise have.

Recently (sometime earlier this year), Cafepress released a wonderful little video that explains what they're about, and how they partner up with creative people like me. It's quirky, it's fun, and it's About Cafepress. Feel free to give it a watch, and imagine me sharing the same perspectives as the three shopkeepers interviewed. ... [video]

In the meantime, and while you're watching, I think I'm gonna go do some more designing! I am, afterall, still gearing up for the Christmas shopping season, with many new products and designs yet to come. If you're still trying to think of what to get that hard-to-shop-for person this Holiday Season... well, I know a good place. And, hey, you already know the owner/designer! :)

Have a wonderful Wednesday all! Stay warm, and until next time,

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)