Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Tuesday, November 25, 2008


"Light Bulbs and a Pretty Girl"

Throughout our lifetimes, there are moments when we long to find that someone special. We hope for her, we pray for her... we might even go out and search for her, but nothing happens. Those prayers just aren't answered with a "yes". We get frustrated. We feel alone. We curse our luck. But then, one day, when we least expect it, when we decide to stop searching, when we choose to accept things as they are... there she is, standing right in front of us, smiling. And just like that, our prayers are answered.

That happened to me this past weekend, and there just aren't any words to express the joy it brings! It was as if, for the first time in my life, I saw a dear friend in a whole new light. The blinders fell away, and without any changes on her part, there she was... the woman I had been praying for -- only better! I never even saw it coming! And yet, looking back on all the little arrows in my life.... they were pointing right at her, I just didn't realize it.

God works in wondrously simple ways sometimes. So simple, in fact, that we usually overlook them. We're expecting a certain kind of answer –- something powerful, something dramatic... something grand. Yet, in the end, some of God's greatest gifts are nothing more than a whisper and a new perspective.

This past weekend, I saw my friend Kelli in a whole new way. God turned on a few light bulbs, and suddenly there she stood... beaming brightly as more than just the friend I adored. All those arrows in my life were lit up, and a few life-long prayers had new answers.

My adventure with Kelli is just beginning. Our friendship may be well-established, but the path is yet to be discovered. I don't know where this will end up, I don't even know what will come of tomorrow, but I do know one thing -- we both share the same Cornerstone; The most important part of our relationship has already been built. And that gives me great hope. This adventure may be young, it may be new, but it holds far more promise than I could ever imagine!

The lights are on now, and I see the pretty girl before me. I hope (and pray) that I can be someone with the strength, heart, and endurance to love, understand, and support her. She's more than I asked for, less than I deserve, and far beyond the realm of my imagination.

God works in wonderful ways. His love endures forever. When we least expect it, he turns beautiful, ordinary things into priceless, extraordinary gifts. He nudges us like a father, with gentle loving whispers, but from time to time, he has a little fun too. Sometimes he shows his sense of humor, and sometimes... he tosses in a few neon signs –- just for good measure!

God works in wonderful ways. And this past weekend, he proved it yet again!

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)