Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Monday, November 17, 2008


"Orange to Brown to White"

Current temperature: 28F.

Earlier this afternoon, I took a mile and a half walk to the store, and found it necessary to wear winter cap and fleece gloves. It's getting cold outside -- cold enough that I can see my breath.

Only a few weeks ago, the trees were rich with Autumn color: rust red, fire orange, bright pink. Now, however, those same trees are bare, and those once pretty leaves are dead and brown. Fall is at an end; winter knocks at the door.

In fact, as I was walking back from the store, it even started snowing! Around here, we got a light dusting at best, but in other areas of Milwaukee, snow totals reached a quarter of an inch. Roads are slick as the temperature drops with the sun, and the evening commute has slowed to a stand-still. Now, mind you, this is nothing compared to what we can expect from the dead of winter, but it's a sure sign that the cold, white chill is moving in.

Winter is upon us, and pretty soon, those browns of late fall will be covered in 1-2 feet of snow. Tis the way of things here in Wisconsin. And as long as we can avoid the 100 inches of last winter, I'll be happy. Winter is upon us. Time to start thinking about a world of white.

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)