Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Monday, December 15, 2008


"Dancing, Romance, and a Pretty Girl"

This past weekend, a pretty girl came for a visit.

On Friday, after her day of teaching came to a close, Kelli drove the hour and a half down here to Milwaukee. I treated her to a local Italian restaurant for dinner (Italian cuisine being her favorite), and then we hung out at my apartment well into the morning, just talking and enjoying each other's company. By mid morning, we both drifted off to sleep -- only to awake a few short hours later.

On Saturday, shopping was on the agenda. Kelli wanted to pick up a few items she was looking for, we had a late cheeseburger for lunch, and then returned to my apartment to get dressed up for the Ballet. Kelli wore a beautiful blue dress that had quite an affect on me, and I, being the far less beautiful of the two of us, opted for a dressy shirt and tie.

Downtown, "The Nutcracker" was just as wonderful an experience as I had hoped. It was also my first time seeing the ballet performed live. I'd watched it on television almost every Christmas as a child, but had never seen it on stage. Upon hearing of this weeks ago, Kelli decided this would be my Christmas present. And let me tell you, it's one of the best I've ever received!

For those that are curious, the ballet had the same familiar score by Tchaikovsky (played by the Milwaukee Ballet Orchestra), the plot was the same, but the translation was slightly different. For example, the famous Russian Dance was performed by clowns, and very young dancers from the Milwaukee Ballet School filled out many cute roles not in the original rendition. The sets were fantastic and very professional, and the costumes were just as elaborate. It was a wonderful performance, and I was completely riveted from beginning to end!

After the ballet, Kelli and I returned to my apartment, and once again spent the night together, talking, cuddling, and enjoying the romance of our relationship. When we eventually drifted off to sleep it was -- once again -- well into the morning.

When we awoke to our Sunday, Kelli wowed me with the tasty simplicity of her cooking, we enjoyed breakfast, and resumed our weekend of conversation and romance. We danced to a CD of beautiful music she had put together, talked some more, and then sadly had to bid each other adieu, as she wanted to return home before too late in the evening.

After she drove away, and the romance of the weekend became a happy memory, I found dinner, wrapped up my day, and went to bed early (in the hopes of counteracting a newly-developing cold). I slept for 13 hours, and today... well, I'm still getting over said cold. :)

But, the sniffles aside, it was a wonderful weekend. I learned much from (and about) Kelli, we shared many hours of romantic company, and our relationship was strengthened. We found a great many firsts in our relationship, shared many familiar joys, and took in some theatre. She's back at home now, and I am back to the normality of my work, but I look forward to the next time we'll spend together -- Christmas and New Years. And this time, I get to meet her family!

Ah, the joys of love. Dancing, romance, and a pretty girl. You can't get much better than that! And if, somehow, you can, well... I'm not interested. I've found my Kelli. My heart is happy with her.

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)