Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Sunday, February 22, 2009


"Kaycee, Kelli, and the Titanic"

This past weekend, Kelli's friend, Kaycee, drove up from Michigan (to Brillion) for a visit. The two of them were enjoying a long weekend break (aka, vacation), and on Friday, they came back down here to Milwaukee to spend some of it with me.

In the afternoon, the three of us went downtown to the Milwaukee Public Museum to see the acclaimed Titanic Artifact Exhibition. It featured artifacts, relics, and other items brought up from the Titanic -- two and half miles below the the Atlantic Ocean. There were stories and eye-witness accounts collected from the 2,228 passengers, photographs of those onboard, and even a 3,000 pound section of the ship's hull itself. It was a very moving experience (especially for someone like myself who has a fascination with the subject), and one well worth the time and money to go see.

After we finished touring the exhibit, the three of us walked around the rest of the museum for a bit. We took in the Streets of Old Milwaukee exhibit, twenty-five shops, businesses, and eating/drinking establishments recreated in the form of a darkened gas-lit street from the past (a favorite exhibit of mine). And we strolled through the Puelicher Butterfly Wing, a lush tropical garden featuring hundreds of live exotic butterflies in flight. Also quite fascinating!

By the evening, Kaycee and Kelli had checked into their hotel room, and we hung out there for a while, until a sleepy Kelli returned me to my apartment for the night.

On Saturday, the three of us went shopping. The women were looking for clothing sales at a local department store (pre-Spring clearance!), and I got to be their male perspective. They later turned the tables, however, and much to their joy, decided to dress me as well (which turned out to be a lot of fun!). In the end, I went home with a few fashionable items as well -- all of which were picked out by my lovely female companions.

With our afternoon of shopping concluded, I returned to my apartment, and the girls headed north again, back up to Brillion. Kelli doesn't have to teach on Monday, and Kaycee plans to stay there until Tuesday evening, before returning east to Michigan.

This coming weekend, the tables turn again, and this time I get to be the one traveling. I'm hopping the bus up to Manitowoc, waiting around for a few hours until Kelli gets done teaching, and then spending the weekend with her in Brillion. Meeting her fellow faculty, a few of her curious kindergarten students, and other assorted activities are on the agenda, so it should be another fun weekend. And, as usual, I'll probably write a little recap when I return then too.

All-in-all, hanging out Kelli and Kaycee, visiting the Titanic, watching butterflies, and playing dress-up with the girls.... great fun! Now a new week begins. More work, more business as usual. At the end of it, though, I'll be right back where I started -- with Kelli. And that makes me smile.

Have a wonderful new week all, and until next time,

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)