Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Wednesday, March 11, 2009


"Late Night & The Tonight Show"

I guess I'm a bit out of the loop when it comes to the late night talk shows. I used to love watching "Late Night With Conan O'Brien". I was a big fan of his unique brand of humor, his antics, his style of hosting. I knew he was assuming the reigns of "The Tonight Show" when Jay Leno retired, but I didn't realize he was being replaced by Jimmy Fallon (of SNL fame) on "Late Night".

I watched a few clips of Fallon's new "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon", and I wasn't all that impressed. He doesn't have the same comedic charm as Conan. Granted, he may grow into the role, but for now, I think my fandom stays with Conan.

At the moment, Conan is off the air as he and his family move from New York (where "Late Night" is produced), to California where the new "Tonight Show" will be filmed (in a new studio on the Universal Studios backlot). Jay Leno is still on the air, and will pass the baton to Conan on June 1. Jimmy Fallon has been host of "Late Night" since March 2nd.

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)