Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Saturday, May 16, 2009


"Ghosts and Spirits"

Last week a young man hanged himself -- a young man I was familiar with... a man I had met in passing. Yesterday, I went into the room where he had taken his life. It was dark and quiet. To me, this was just a room -- an empty room with a tragic story to tell. Yet, as I walked around, I was probably standing upon the very spot where this troubled man had committed suicide -- the very spot where his spirit had left his body.

Some people may view this room differently than I did, and there's nothing wrong with that. Perhaps it's more than just a quiet room to them. Maybe it's creepy. Maybe it's unnerving. Maybe it has a deeper spiritual meaning. Maybe it will forevermore be haunted by the memory of what has happened there... I don't know.

For me, it was just a room.

I'm a very religious person, mind you, and yes, I do believe in spirits. But in this case, I didn't sense anything ghostly. Perhaps that's not a gift I possess. Maybe it's one that you do.

So, let me ask you this:
If you had been in this room, how do you think you would have felt.... and why?

I've started a discussion thread on my forum titled, "Ghosts and Spirits". I'll be hosting the conversation. Join me. I'd like to hear your thoughts.

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)