Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Sunday, June 07, 2009


"Farewell Chicago; Hello Dowagiac"

Kelli and I just crossed into the state of Indiana.

We're on our way eastward, preparing for the second leg of our Midwest adventure. We've concluded our wonderful visit in Chicago (which sadly went by way too fast!), and now are driving over to Michigan, so that we can spend a few days in the small town where Kelli taught up until last summer. A town called Dowagiac.

Before we left Chicago, though, and after we checked out of our hotel, Kelli and I spent the day at the Adler Planetarium. We saw three shows (one in 3-D, one at the "IMax", and the other in the Planetarium itself), we walked around some of the space-oriented exhibits, and we enjoyed a light lunch in the cafe (while watching expensive boats drift past on Lake Michigan). It was quite an experience, and one that I would highly recommend to anyone -- especially those interested in the stars, space travel, or the universe in general!

For now, though, we're on the road again. Lots to do. Not enough time to do it all in. I'm sure Kelli and I will be back to Chicago to play tourist again sometime, but for now... time to visit Michigan. Time to enjoy some of Kelli's past. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(This entry was hand-written, and posted upon my return to Milwaukee.)

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)