Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Thursday, October 29, 2009


"WELS Lutheran Teacher Convention"

Today is the first day of the two-day state-wide WELS Lutheran Teacher Convention. As is the case every year, the massive thousand-or-more teacher event is being hosted here in Milwaukee at Wisconsin Lutheran High School (only a dozen or so blocks from where I live). And since all the WELS Lutheran teachers from the state of Wisconsin will be here, that means Kelli will be in town. In short, I get to see my fiancee this weekend!

Granted, she'll have to be at her teacher seminars today and tomorrow. And I'll be apartment painting again today (as I was yesterday), but we'll still be able to hang out for a while later tonight. Tomorrow afternoon (once her seminars are concluded for the day), I'll be traveling back up to Brillion with her, where I'll spend the weekend, and then return to Milwaukee by bus on Sunday.

So, all-in-all, it should make for a wonderfully enjoyable weekend! One that I've been looking forward to as well. With Kelli living 100 miles away, getting together often is a bit of a challenge. But we make it work. And when you love someone.... when you're engaged to be married... no distance is too far. As a result, little events -- like this teacher conference here in Milwaukee -- become all the more sweet.

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)