Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Monday, January 18, 2010

"Back From Illness"

Well folks, I owe you an apology. I've been absent from blogging for a few days. Thursday and Friday I was busy, sure. But Saturday onward... not by choice. I've had food poisoning.

As it turns out, on Saturday afternoon, I went next door to my local Subway restaurant, and ordered one of my favorite subs. As the young woman was making it, I noticed that one of the meats she put onto my sub seemed a little discolored. I thought nothing of it at the time, though, and returned to my apartment to a rather tasty lunch. A few hours later, I was starting to feel a bit queasy (but again, I didn't think much of it), and by evening, my body was in full-blown rebellion. I'll spare you the details, but the short of it was -- well, it wasn't very pleasant.

The last thing I ate before I got violently ill was the sub, so, I'm guessing that discolored meat was the direct cause. Not exactly the way I was planning to spend my weekend.

Sunday morning was miserable. I didn't sleep well, and was in no condition to do much of anything. I spent the rest of the day in bed, sleeping here and there. I ate a little bit (mostly crackers, water, and 7-up), and took things easy. When I awoke this morning (after about 12 hours of uninterrupted sleep), I was feeling better -- stiff, and groggy, but better. I ate a little more of substance, napped, spent the day on the couch watching movies, and now, as I write this, I think I'm probably getting back to normal again. I doubt I'll be eating at Subway anytime soon, though.

So... yeah, I've been away from blogging due to illness. Completely unexpected -- as food poisoning generally is. But, you'll have to grant me the brief reprieve. In this case, it was necessary in order to recover.

Here's hoping all of you had a better weekend than I did. Have a wonderful start to the shorter (American) work week, and until next time....

Your once-again-healthy blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)