Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

"Earthquake Hits Northern Illinois"

I woke up this morning to discover that there had been a mild earthquake in Illinois. About 4am. It struck near Virgil, IL -- about 50 miles west of Chicago, and was only 4.3 on the ricter scale. People up here in Milwaukee reported feeling it as well.

Illinois and Wisconsin are located in the middle of the North American plate. As a result, earthquakes are quite rare around here. There are, however, a series of ancient faults across Northern Illinois, so when an earthquake does strike, it's usually less than 5.0 on the ricter scale. And there are no aftershocks.

"Earthquake Hits Northern Illinois"

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)