Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Tuesday, March 02, 2010

"Jon Baas Cast in Milwaukee Stage Production, 'The Trip To Bountiful'"

Last week, I was asked to audition for a stage show here in Milwaukee. Auditions had already been held, but they wanted to see some additional people. I was one of them. So I agreed, went downtown on Saturday afternoon, read a few scenes, and on Monday was given a role.

Long story short, I've been cast as the male lead in the Acacia Theatre production, "The Trip To Bountiful", by Pulitzer prize-winning American playwright, Horton Foote. The play is set in 1953 Texas, and I will be playing the role of Ludie Watts.

For those that are interested, here's the play synopsis:

"Carrie Watts years to escape her son and his wife's stifling Houston apartment for one last return to her roots in Bountiful, Texas. Running away from her present life to fulfil her dream of returning home again, she finally arrives with results that are both poignant and brilliantly life-affirming. Through laughter and tears, this Pulitzer prize-winning playwright explores the inevitable need to assert independence and reawaken the memories of yesterday."

Performance dates are May 7-16 in the Todd Wehr Auditorium at Concordia University Wisconsin in Mequon, WI. Rehearsals start next week.

I'll be blogging about rehearsals, preparation for the show, performances, and other fun trivia. This may well be my last stage production in the Milwaukee area before I get married and move north in July. Don't miss out! It'll be a good one. Stay tuned!

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)