Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Monday, March 29, 2010

"MLB 10: The Show"

I've never been much of a video game player. I didn't grow up with them in the house. My mom always encouraged us six kids to go outside and play instead of sitting around in front of the television. And to be honest, I think that was a wise thing of her to do. It helped nurture my imagination (one of the blessings I am so grateful for these days!), and it gave me plenty of opportunities for exercise -- something kids get less and less of these days.

Now that I'm older, and have been out on my own for over a decade, I'm still not much of a video game player. My roommate and best friend, Scott, on the other hand is. He collects video game systems going all the way back to the Atari 2600 of the early 1980's. It's a hobby of his. And he has 12 different game systems dating back to the Atari. Yes... twelve. And he has two bookshelves full of games to go with that collection.

His most recent acquisition was a PlayStation 3 -- the latest in the line of console systems produced by Sony. He's picked up a few games for the PS3 too, and has been playing them whenever he's off from work. One of those games is a highly realistic graphical baseball simulation known as MLB 10: The Show.

Now, as many of you know, I'm a huge baseball fan. I grew up watching the Milwaukee Brewers play, and to this day, they're still "my team". Baseball is in my blood. Always will be. So, when this highly realistic baseball game entered my apartment, you can imagine the curiosity that has ensued. I'm hooked. The graphics are set up as though you're watching the "players" on television. The sights and sounds are unmistakably baseball. The action and game play are about as smooth as real life. And you can even play as yourself in a detailed simulation that brings you up through the minor leagues! Yep. It's amazing what video games can do these days!

I've never really had an interest in video games. It's just part of who I am. But this one.... well, this one I have to be very careful with. I can't let myself get sucked in. I have far too many things in real life that need my attention. But, nonetheless, I will have to admit: the thought of buying my own PS3 has crossed my mind many times already.

Even if just so that I can keep playing MLB 10: The Show after I'm married. :)

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)