Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Monday, April 05, 2010

"A Day Off From Rehearsal"

I had the day off from rehearsal today, which was nice. I spent most of it working on my lines, and exploring my character some more. I always enjoy that process. I fit in a nap, a little work, and a few errands too, but for the most part, my nose was in the script.

Things are coming along nicely with this play, and I'm gearing up -- along with the rest of the cast -- to be off-book by Wednesday. In other words, by mid-week, all lines must be memorized. After that, the real fun begins. The truly creative part of rehearsals: making the story come alive. We'll have some Texas dialects to work on, character interactions, relationship-building, and of course plenty of subtext, motivation, and objectives to play.

Then, when all is said and done, and opening night on May 7th rolls around, we'll be able to take you -- the audience -- on a bittersweet, emotionally dramatic, Southern-style... "Trip to Bountiful".

Stick around. The journey is just beginning.

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)