Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Monday, April 05, 2010

"Drain the Ocean"

Have you ever wondered what the Earth's surface looks like UNDER the ocean? What would the planet look like if all the water was drained away, and we could gaze out at the vast unexplored land hidden beneath the waves?

I watched a TV special on the National Geographic Channel last night that asked these very questions. Not only did they use CGI animation to recreate the water-less sea floor (using actual undersea topographical maps), but they also explored the strange marine life living in the depths (with the water still there). It was a fascinating two hours, and one of the most educational science shows I've seen in a long time. We really do live on an amazing planet!

If you're interested in learning more about this show, feel free to visit the Drain the Ocean page on the National Geographic website. It's an equally fascinating read. And if you'd like to watch the next airing, it'll be on again on Sunday, April 11 at 1pm (EST).

I recommend it. Especially if you're the explorer type. Like me.

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)