Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Tuesday, April 06, 2010

"A Lesson From Rehearsal"

Tonight's rehearsal was an eye-opening one. Don't get me wrong, we had a lot of creativity, and plenty of great ideas to go around, but I felt a bit off from the moment I walked into the rehearsal space. I had spent much of the afternoon working on my script. Preparing. Memorizing lines. Internalizing my character. I thought I was ready to go, but once we started running the scene... that preparation just evaporated. And I was left stumbling around.

Such is the way of things sometimes, I suppose. You put a lot of work into being ready for something, you're confident, steady... but then when the event begins, the nerves take over -- often unexpectedly, and you're back at square one.

Thankfully, I didn't have to be as ready as I prepared for, but still, it flustered me. I tried to hide my frustration, but I have a feeling the director may have picked up on it. And I hate letting others down. It bugs me. I'm a bit of a perfectionist, this I know. And I know I over-prepared. But still. I wasn't completely happy with what I brought to tonight's rehearsal.

Tomorrow will be a chance to redeem myself -- even if only inside my head. We're doing a different scene, a shorter scene. Less dramatic (for my character anyway). I'll take the lessons from today, and turn them into the success of tomorrow.

For now, I'm home. Strangely tired. Ready for bed. I enjoyed my late dinner; I think I'll grab some sleep, and start fresh tomorrow. Perhaps a reset will do me good.

Have a successful Wednesday all, keep trying, and until next time,

Your frequently musing friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)