Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

"Rehearsals Continue; Director Happy"

Rehearsal went well tonight. We did a full run-through of the show. And things are definitely coming together. I still find myself challenged in some areas, and my work is far from done, but with the remaining two weeks left before we open, I should easily get to where I want to be.

I think we impressed the director tonight too. She was very excited once the final lines were spoken: "This is going to be an AWESOME show!" Her words exactly. There was a moment of jump-up-and-down-in-glee cheering on her part as well. Always nice to see! Impressing a director like that -- at this stage in the game -- isn't always easy.

Tomorrow the three main characters -- me, our new "Mother Watts", and my "wife" -- will be working the dramatic first two scenes in the play. I'm pretty confident in those scenes myself, so I don't anticipate the need for a lot of prep time before rehearsal. I have a good many non-theatre projects to work on during the day. Gotta get caught up. I'll look over my lines on the bus, and then jump back into the character of Ludie once I arrive downtown.

Thursday is a day off from rehearsal, and Friday will be another full run-through of the show. Here's hoping the rest of this week goes smoothly. We're getting down to the wire. Time to start polishing the details until they shine!

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)