Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Sunday, April 18, 2010

"An Unexpected Weekend With Kelli"

Earlier last week, I was expecting this past weekend to be a busy one. With a new actress stepping into my current stage show (to fill the role of the former actress who had to drop out), I was anticipating a long weekend of theatre work. And when I wasn't in rehearsal, I had plenty of other delayed projects that needed my attention.

Up in Brillion, though, Kelli (my fiance) wanted to come down for a weekend visit. Originally, I had asked her not to, since I wouldn't have much time to share with her. She, of course, wasn't too keen on the request. But, after some discussion, I agreed to the visit... and I agreed to share whatever time I had -- even if it was just a few hours at best.

As it would turn out, though, my weekend didn't go as expected. Kelli came down on Saturday morning as planned (since I was gone Friday night), and we hung out before my early afternoon rehearsal. I was expecting a long rehearsal (Kelli even brought two books with her to read while she sat and watched me rehearse), but after a short publicity photo shoot, and only two lines of dialogue, I was let go for the day. The director didn't need me. Just like that, I suddenly had my Saturday back. Kelli was happy, I was happy. And we had our weekend together afterall!

It's funny how things work out sometimes. You anticipate the worst. You expect to be busy. Yet sometimes, God and fate have other plans. It just goes to prove that no matter what happens in life, no matter what you expect, you can never fully plan for the future. You do what you have to do. But the future will work itself out on it's own.

It's Sunday night now. Kelli has gone home again, and I'm here typing this blog post. It was a wonderful weekend. It was. Unexpected too in so many ways. Yet looking back, and contrary to what I thought last week... yeah, I needed this weekend. I needed to spent time with Kelli. I needed to enjoy a break from rehearsal. I needed to unwind. De-stress. Slow down. Relax.

Maybe God was telling me something.

A new week starts tomorrow. A fresh opportunity to begin anew. Here's hoping things run smoothly, work gets done, and smiles abound for all.

Have a wonderful Monday everyone! Until next time,

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  1 comments


1 Comments:

Yes, God was telling you something...He's telling you "Listen to your fiance more!" :) lol Hope you have a good night tonight!

By Anonymous Kelli, at 6:15 PM, April 19, 2010  

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)