Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Monday, May 10, 2010

"Bountiful: Weekend One Recap"

Well, folks, "The Trip To Bountiful" is finally in performance. As of today, we're four shows in... with four more to go, starting Thursday. All of the reviews have been positive, and each audience (so far) has connected to the story on a deeply emotional level. Two theater critics have seen the show (although their reviews haven't hit the news-stands yet), and audience turnout has been strong. I think we can call that a successful first weekend!

Plus, Kelli was in town. She saw both Saturday shows, and loved each. So, I think it's safe to say too, I impressed my fiancee! ... [happy little cheer] ... She's never seen me act before, so, being able to share one of my greatest passions with her has deeply gratifying, and oh-so very exciting!

Our current run of performances continues on Thursday with an 8pm curtain. Friday and Saturday are also 8pm shows, and we close on Sunday with a 3pm matinee. If you haven't seen the show yet, I invite you to come check us out. All performances are held on the campus of Concordia University Wisconsin (in Mequon, WI), and tickets are $15. They can be purchased from the Acacia Theatre box office, or at the door.

And for those of you who are aren't able to take in a performance (due to distance or other plans), fear not... I'll be uploading photos to my online gallery next week -- after the show closes. I've got quite a few good ones too, so stay tuned!

For now, though, I'm enjoying a few days off -- Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. I'll do a little more apartment painting tomorrow, get some more of my non-theatre work done, and then dive back into my character of Ludie on Thursday.

It'll be a good week. And a nice little break from the emotion of the play.

Here's hoping all of YOU had a good weekend too. Enjoy your week, be good, and hopefully, maybe, I'll see you at one of our upcoming performances!

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)