Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

"A Night at Miller Park"

My friend Steve invited me to the ballpark tonight. He had two tickets to the Brewers/Astros game, wanted to get out for a while, and was looking for some company. I had the evening free (after spending the early part of the day painting), so we met up, and headed out to Miller Park.

It was a warm muggy day. Even as the day was ending. Not particularly hot, mind you, just muggy and humid. The retractable roof was closed when we got there, so the sticky atmosphere was present inside the stadium too. Somewhat unpleasant, but bearable. And our seats were way up on the forth deck. Great view (perhaps my favorite!)... just nowhere near the breezes drifting in from the open panels above the outfield.

The predicted rain never became as heavy as expected either, so, by the later half of the game, the skies were clear enough to open the butterfly retractable roof. It's always fascinating to watch those massive roof segments pivot open. There's nothing like it in North American baseball; truly a feat of engineering. And when that roof opened, the park was flooded with the cool air that had settled into Milwaukee once the sun set. Much more comfortable!

In the end, it was a wonderful night for baseball. The Brewers lost 5-0 -- sad, I know -- but there were some thrilling plays nonetheless. The company was great (it's always nice hanging out with Steve!), the Miller Park baseball experience was second to none (always is!), and I had the opportunity to take in a low-cost Brewers game before I get married and move north. I'd call that a great end to a great day!

Tomorrow, I'm painting again. Another exterior door and some door frames. Today's rain brought in cooler temperatures, so, I anticipate a great day to be working outside. Hopefully, anyway. And then on Friday, I travel north -- by Greyhound bus -- to visit Kelli (my fiancee) for the weekend.

So, yeah... it's been a good day. Painting and a baseball game. Very enjoyable. For now, though, I think it's time to find something to eat, and then head off to bed. I'm tired. I need sleep.

Tomorrow is another day.

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)