Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Friday, July 16, 2010

"Jon Baas is Married!"

Yep. I'm married! Kelli and I tied the knot in Tomah, WI this past Saturday (July 10th). It was a beautiful church ceremony (albeit, a little on the warm side), and one shared with 140 of our closest friends and relatives. The reception, dinner, and dance followed at a nearby hotel, and by early Sunday morning, the two of us were in our hotel room, exhausted.

Later on Sunday, we opened a small mountain of wedding gifts at the gift opening, and then hit the road east for Milwaukee. We stayed the night at my apartment, and then on Monday, were joined by the principal and younger pastor from Trinity in Brillion. They helped pack my belongings into a trailer, drove north, and then unloaded everything into Kelli's apartment.

At that moment, I became a resident of small-town Brillion, WI.

A few days have passed now. I'm slowly getting unpacked, settling in, organizing my new office, and becoming acclimated to married life. We haven't planned any sort of Honeymoon. Instead, we'll probably end up doing something special for our first anniversary. What that will be, though, remains uncertain. But we've got a year to figure that out. Right now, we're just enjoying two weeks of vacation -- at home. Kelli doesn't have to be at school, and I don't have any design projects to worry about. Just relaxation and time together... as newlyweds.

I'll blog more as things get settled, but for now... I'm married. Kelli is my wife. And I live in Brillion, WI (near Appleton, Manitowoc, and Green Bay).

A new chapter... has begun.

-Jon

 I   I  2 comments


2 Comments:

Congrats to the both of you...enjoy married life. Don't go to bed angry...and remember that togetherness is bliss but on occasion everyone needs some "me" time...and "hearing" is not the same as "listening".

By Anonymous marsha, at 6:53 AM, July 18, 2010  

Thanks Marsha! Excellent advice. I'll keep it in mind! :)

By Anonymous Jon Baas, at 9:13 PM, July 20, 2010  

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)