Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Monday, September 20, 2010

"How Beaches Looked 100 Years Ago"

On June 30, 1922, a Washington policeman was at the Tidal Basin bathing beach measuring swimsuits. Well, more accurately, he was measureing the distance between knee and suit, after the Superintendent of Public Buildings and Grounds issued an order than suits not be over six inches above the knee.

With that in mind, here are some photos that show what beaches looked like 100 years ago. Compare these to today. A lot has changed since then.

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)