Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

"My Philosphy on Work"

"Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day of your life."
-- Confucius

Wise words, from a wise man. And you know what, it's true. When you do something you love, it's never work... because you enjoy it. Your passion drives you, it motivates you, and as a result, you're far less likely to become bored with it.

For those that don't know me, I design, market, and sell my artwork on t-shirts, posters, prints and other gift items. I am often commissioned to create personalized artwork, be it pencil portraits, company logos, or even just promotional designs. I blog. I run a successful online Star Trek adventure series. I've created websites. I maintain a variety of pages on Facebook. I act on stages. I've been in movies. I tell stories. And those... are just the big projects.

A career is about discovering something you enjoy, and pursuing it with all your heart. It's about finding a way to make your job revolve around something you love (not the other way around). It's about being creative; finding happiness, and striving to build upon it.

Life may be tough for some of us out there right now. Employment opportunities might be scarce. And sometimes you have to sacrifice so that you can put food on the table. But no matter how hard the times may be, don't ever give up on what you love. Don't settle. Be creative. Dream. Keep pushing forward. Think outside the box, and I can guarantee, you WILL find a way to make your passion work for you.

Choose a job you love -- no matter what that may be -- and you will never have to work a day of your life. Confucius knew this. I have learned this. Now it's your turn. A new year is fast approaching. What passions are YOU going to put into practice?

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)