Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

"Baba Yetu"



This past Sunday, the musical theme to the computer game, "Civilization IV" made history. It became the first song written specifically for a computer/video game to win a Grammy award. The song's composer, Christopher Tin, accepted the 'Best Instrumental Arrangement Accompanying Vocalists' award for the piece, titled: “Baba Yetu”. The lyrics are actually the Lord’s Prayer in Swahili, and the vocals are by the Soweto Gospel Choir.

The video above features the song, with visuals from the game.

And, get this.... I just purchased a copy of "Civilization IV". It's in the mail as I type this. Might even arrive today. How's THAT for ironic timing! Now I'm even MORE excited to play this game!

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)