Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Monday, March 07, 2011

"Les Miserables 25th Anniversary"



This past weekend, I sat down with Kelli (and a friend) and watched the 25th Anniversary concert performance of "Les Miserables" on PBS. And you know, I'm a little embarrassed to say this: I've never actually seen a full performance of Les Mis -- not until this past weekend. I'm familiar with most of the score, but why I haven't seen a performance of it, I don't really know.

Now that I have, though, I can honestly say... I'm a fan. I really enjoyed it. The set, the lights, the performances -- all very engaging. Well worth the watch.

In fact, I thought I'd steal your attention for a bit, and share some of my favorite moments. The video above is the 25th Anniversary opening segment of Les Mis -- including the "Work Song". The video below features "Red and Black", and as well as the iconic "Do You Hear The People Sing".



When I own a DVD copy of "Les Miserables", It'll probably be this 25th Anniversary performance (originally performed on October 3, 2010 in England). I'm sure there were other great performances as well. This one just struck a cord with me.

Sit back, enjoy the videos... and I dare you not to sing along!

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)