Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Sunday, April 10, 2011

"Brillion Shock and Awe"



Earlier this evening, I witnessed a spectacular lighting show above my house. Flashes of light -- hundreds of them -- all going off in rapid succession across the sky. Only a few of them actually struck the ground. The whole thing lasted nearly an hour, and was accompanied by tornado sirens, thunder, and eventually heavy wind, rain, and in some places, baseball-sized hail. I've never seen anything like it!

This video was taken a few hours ago by someone who lives 20 miles west of me in the city of Menasha, Wisconsin. The storm hit them before it reached us here in Brillion, but it's still the same sky I watched above my house. Awe-inspiring to say the least!

(NOTE: The video does have sound. Just wait for it.)

STORM UPDATE:
There was severe damage from strong winds, tornadoes were reported (even one about nine miles north of my house), but, as of this writing, no confirmed injuries or deaths.

VIDEO UPDATE:
Here are some more videos of last night's storm:



Above: Video from Grand Chute, Wisconsin (also roughly 20 miles west).




Video from Neenah, Wisconsin.


VIDEO UPDATE:
Another fantastic video, also from Winnebago County directly west of my house. This time, the video may have captured one of the developing supercell/funnel clouds.



-Jon

Digg my article

 I   I  2 comments


2 Comments:

Awesome! Thanks for posting these. I grew up in Appleton and moved to Colorado two years ago. I miss storms so much. They are so powerful it can be scary, but overall I think they're amazing.

By Blogger Nic Ray, at 1:48 PM, April 11, 2011  

You're welcome Nicole! And I agree, powerful storms, yet so very mesmerizing to watch. ...At least until you have to take cover from the wind, rain, and hail. :)

-Jon

By Anonymous Jon Baas, at 1:52 PM, April 11, 2011  

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)