Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Monday, July 04, 2011

"A Week of Solitude"

This week I get the house all to myself. Kelli went home to visit family in Tomah on Friday, and I stayed here in Brillion to work. Seven to eight days of vacation. She'll be returning home at the end of the week.

So far, it's been a relatively normal few days. Nothing much happening out of the ordinary. I've been staying indoors with the air conditioner on to beat the heat, and I've been watching a little Star Trek on Netflix here and there. I've also been cooking for myself -- nothing fancy. In a way, my former bachelor self gets to resurface slightly. I still abide by house rules (set forth by the wife), but for the most part, I'm enjoying my solitude.

This is also the first time Kelli and I have been apart for an extended period of time since we were married. She brought it up before she left, so it probably weighs upon her a bit more than it does me. But for the most part, we both seem to be handling it well.

Tomorrow, I might venture out into the city. Maybe take a walk, grab some photographs, run a few errands. I've been doing a lot of office work since Kelli left. Stretching my legs will do me good.

I also plan to blog more personally in the coming days and weeks, so stay tuned for that. More of my thoughts, perspectives, motivations, etc. You'll probably hear a lot more about Brillion as well. It's summer; 'tis a good time to get out and explore the local history.

That's all of I've got for tonight, though. It's a quiet night. Maybe a movie is in order. We'll see. Have a great evening all, and until tomorrow,

Your happily blogging friend,
-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)