Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Thursday, August 25, 2011

"First Day of School For Kelli"

Kelli is back in the classroom starting today. Her kindergarten class this year stands at fifteen kids. And unlike last year, it seems to be a good mix of boys and girls -- something Kelli has been eager for. If I remember correctly, she had a classroom of 13 kids last year, two of which were boys. And the year before that, a classroom of 11, with only two or three girls.

As I hear it, a classroom of boys presents a whole different set of challenges than a classroom of mostly girls. Hopefully this year will be more even keel.

I find it interesting too that the first day of school this year is a Thursday. Kelli likes it that way, because the kids can get settled into the school routine on Thursday and Friday, and then start actual classes on Monday. I don't remember it working that way when I was in grade school, but then again, that was over 20 years ago. I guess if it works this way, why change it.... right?

Now that Kelli's back at school, I'll have to get used to her not being around again. During summer, she was still the administrator of the school's Early Childhood program. She had administrative stuff to take care of, and her staff of teachers worked with the kids... most of the time. Occasionally she'd go in and spend the day with the kids, but for the most part, she was home more than she was at school. Now, she's gone all day, and I wake up to a quiet house. I'm the only one here until mid-afternoon.

I don't mind the quiet. In fact, I work best in this kind of setting. Just me, my work, and my office. Still, the absence of wife will take some getting used to.

How has YOUR house changed now that school is back in session?

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)