Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

"14 Things You Might Not Know About Star Trek"

As many of you know, I'm a big fan of Star Trek. In fact, a lot of what I do these days -- including my job -- has to do with Star Trek. So, you'd expect me to know a lot about the topic, right? You'd be surprised.

Here's a list of 14 things you might not know about Star Trek:

1. The USS Enterprise was originally named the Yorktown.
2. Jeri Ryan ("Seven of Nine") was offered her role... four times.
3. Scotty had a hand double.
4. Leonard Nimoy was not the first choice for Spock.
5. Geordi’s visor was actually a modified auto filter.
6. The Borg was originally designed to be a race of insectoids.
7. Star Trek’s most famous line was not original.
8. Gene Roddenberry rests peacefully in space.
9. Watching all 726 episodes and 11 films back-to-back would take three weeks.
10. Michelle Forbes ("Ensign Ro") was the original choice for Major Kira on DS9.
11. Jadzia Dax’s Trill spots were hand-painted every day.
12. Kate Mulgrew was not the first choice for "Captain Janeway" on Star Trek: Voyager.
13. Mick Fleetwood, of Fleetwood Mac, shaved his beard for Star Trek.
14. Star Trek is credited with the first interracial kiss on television.

Ironically, some of these even I didn't know! Take a peek at the original list of of 14 things you might not know about Star Trek -- complete with photos, videos, and explanations. Enjoy!

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)