Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Monday, November 07, 2011

"The Power of a Press Release"

As some of you may know, I'm a big fan of Conan O'Brien, the late-night talk-show host on TBS. I enjoy his show, and last week, he filmed it in New York City (his studio is in Los Angeles). One of the big things they were planning to do while in the Big Apple, was host a same-sex wedding, on the stage, during one of the episodes.

Now, I won't get into the politics of the event, that's not my point in write about it here. What I did find interesting, was how the event was covered in the media. Quite often, we don't realize just how much our favorite television news program depends upon someone else to write their scrips and news copy. Point of fact, broadcast news is rarely ever original.

Here's a humorous compilation to prove my point. It's a segment from one of those Conan O'Brien shows last week -- before the wedding. Watch for the news clips as the TV broadcasters put their own unique spin on this breaking news for their viewers. Enjoy! ... [video]

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)