Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Friday, March 30, 2012

"Jon Baas Tempts Mega Millions Fate"

I posted this on my Facebook page not long ago:

"Just for the fun of it, I'm going to tempt fate, and NOT pick up a ticket for tonight's record lottery jackpot. If I had played the lottery, I would have used these numbers: "21-7-40-1-3 / 31". So, if fate is consistent, those numbers will be nowhere near the numbers drawn tonight. -- Yep. I'm a rebel like that. :)"

The odds of anyone winning the historic $640 million Mega Millions lottery jackpot tonight are 1-in-176-million. Someone will win -- eventually. But it won't be me. Perhaps, if no one wins tonight, I *might* go get a ticket for the next draw, just to say I participated. You know, for the experience. We'll see.

Whomever wins, though, I think it should be someone from Wisconsin. Just because.

"Y! Blog: Mega Millions long odds and unreasoned dreams"

**********

UPDATE: (10:58 PM)
As expected, fate was on my side. Tonight's lottery numbers were "2-4-23-38-46 / 23". If I had bought a ticket with those numbers, I would have won $0. Now we wait and see if someone(s) got lucky tonight, or, if we go another round of numbers on Tuesday. We'll know by tomorrow morning.

You know, I'm not even playing the lottery, and yet, this whole craze has me paying attention. What can I say, stories like this are fascinating to watch.

**********

UPDATE: (Saturday, 12:22 AM)
Here's a great article about the whole Mega Millions lottery craze:

"Mega Millions Tickets: Why We Buy Into The Lotto"

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)