Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Thursday, January 31, 2013

"Happy Birthday: Milwaukee & Wisconsin Lutheran College"

Today is an interesting day for birthdays. In this case, though, not people. Today is the 40th birthday of my alma mater, Wisconsin Lutheran College. It is also the 167th birthday of my former home city, Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

Wisconsin Lutheran College was established on January 31, 1973. At the time, it had a temporary facility. Four years later, though, the college purchased the present land and buildings that used to house an old Catholic boys'/girls' school since the 1880s. Today, 40 years later, half a dozen new buildings have been built, 1,000 total students are enrolled there, and Forbes has ranked the institution 128th (of 600) on its list of America's Best Colleges.

I graduated from Wisconsin Lutheran College in the Spring of 2002.

The city of Milwaukee, Wisconsin was incorporated on January 31, 1846 when the competing towns of Juneautown, Kilbourntown and Walker's Point finally joined together to establish one municipality. Up until then, they had been competing (and at times, fighting) with each other. The Milwaukee Bridge War is one such example. After the 1845 conflict, the three towns decided to set aside the fighting and join together as the city of 594,000 people that know today.
 

Happy Birthday guys! I have many fond memories from my time spent with both of you!

-Jon

 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)