Jon Baas Blog
 
Home Biography Filmography Meet Jon Blog Artist Forum Facebook Twitter Freelance Store


OFFICIAL BLOG :: Jon Baas

Hire The Brand Man. -- New Names or Taglines Starting at $30!

Saturday, May 04, 2013

"Madison Rising: "The Star Spangled Banner"

 

I love my country; I am, without a doubt, United States Proud! But one thing that always annoyed me is how so many of our celebrities destroy our national anthem while trying to give it their own unique vocal flavor. "The Star Spangled Banner" is a piece of American history. It's inspirational. It's bigger than self. Sing it with pride and respect.

That being said, here is one of the best modern renditions of "The Star Spangled Banner" that I have ever heard. It is sung with respect and chill-inducing power by a modern rock band called "Madison Rising"; the lead singer is a military veteran.

Give this a watch/listen, and let me know what you think.


UPDATE: 
I love this comment by "W.J. Boyd" on the Youtube comments for this video:
"In my mind, and in my heart, I will keep two versions of The Star Spangled Banner: One, as traditionally and loving played and sang, for it is the one that will play at my funeral when my time on Earth has ended. Then there's this one that I will totally enjoy while I'm alive, because the passion behind this new version was the same kind of passion Francis Scott Key intended for it when he wrote it."
I couldn't agree more.

-Jon 


 I   I  0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

+ Full Blog Archive  I  Blog Home

Jon Baas

Blogging Since 2002!
Blog Home

Stories I Tell:
USS Enterprise 1701-D
   • Story Page - (in real-time)
   • Website / Blog

Blogs I Read:
- ProBlogger
- Seth Godin
- The Brothers Brick
- Trek Movie
- Wil Wheaton

Performances I Enjoy:
- Improv Everywhere


Recent Posts:
- August 2019

Blog Archive:
- Full Archive - (3,100+ posts)

Subscribe:
- Posts (Atom)